---
title: "301 Moved Permanently"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14742"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14742/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Wireless"
author: "msemegen"
created: "2022-12-11T23:22:34+09:00"
last_activity: "2022-12-25T22:59:41+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 316
replies: 4
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# 301 Moved Permanently

## Question

Asked by msemegen on 2022-12-11 in Wireless.

Hi!

When I try to send HTTP Request to [google.com](http://google.com) or [facebook.com](http://facebook.com) I’m getting response:
“HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
Location: <https://www.google.com/>
…”

It’s quite strange, because it’s suggest that I’m not connected using https, but for connection I invoke:
‘AT+CIPSTART=“SSL”’, “[google.com](http://google.com)”, 443’.
What I’m doing wrong?

Best,
Mateusz

## Replies

### Reply 1 by scarlet, 2022-12-12

(post deleted by author)

### Reply 2 by austin, 2022-12-12

Hi [@msemegen](https://maker.wiznet.io/u/msemegen)

I don’t understand what the problem is.

I simply tested ‘[www.google.com](http://www.google.com)’, but no problem was found.

[![image](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/d/d1d31f642435bbe783b641234c850cd694666b1e.png) image957×1030 31.9 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/d/d1d31f642435bbe783b641234c850cd694666b1e.png)

Could you check it again?

### Reply 3 by msemegen, 2022-12-13 (in reply to reply 2)

Hi,

You are right. My HTTP request was faulty. But I have additional question: I don’t see if You put request content after AT+CIPSEND command. Request is created automatically by the module?

Best,
Mateusz

### Reply 4 by austin, 2022-12-15

Hi [@msemegen](https://maker.wiznet.io/u/msemegen)

After AT+CIPSEND=40, the data was sent as follows.

```
GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: www.google.com
```

I sent the data like this for a simple test, so please refer to it.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14742
