---
title: "HTTPS with W5500"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14691"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14691/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "Gxxx"
created: "2022-10-26T07:40:05+09:00"
last_activity: "2022-11-01T06:47:23+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 682
replies: 4
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# HTTPS with W5500

## Question

Asked by Gxxx on 2022-10-26 in Ethernet Chips.

Hi,
in my project I send data to server using https post method. In my code I use the request.py module found in HTTP_Client example.
When I use the https I need to execute the wrap_socket(), but the RP2040 takes a long time to execute it.
Is there a way to overcome this problem perhaps by delegating this task to the w5500?
Thanks.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by scarlet, 2022-10-31

Hello, [@Gxxx](https://maker.wiznet.io/u/gxxx)
What is the Python you used?
circuit python or micro python?

### Reply 2 by Gxxx, 2022-10-31 (in reply to reply 1)

Hi, thanks for the answer. I use micropython.

Best regards.

### Reply 3 by irina, 2022-11-01

Do you know we support the HTTP Client example ?
[RP2040-HAT-MicroPython/examples/HTTP/HTTP_Client at main · Wiznet/RP2040-HAT-MicroPython · GitHub](https://github.com/Wiznet/RP2040-HAT-MicroPython/tree/main/examples/HTTP/HTTP_Client).
This example use the ussl library and wrap_socket() in the urequest.py.
In addition, W5500 not support the wrap_socket()

### Reply 4 by Gxxx, 2022-11-01

Hi,
my code starts from HTTP_Client example, and if proto==‘https’ the code executes (taking a long time) wrap_socket().

If I try to run the wrap_socket() function only the first request, without close the socket, at the second request I get the exception: -28928

Thanks for the help

Best regards

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14691
