---
title: "Starting with WIZ610io in Arduino IDE"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14689"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14689/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "Mageric"
created: "2022-10-20T21:15:13+09:00"
last_activity: "2024-04-24T13:50:30+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 494
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Starting with WIZ610io in Arduino IDE

## Question

Asked by Mageric on 2022-10-20 in Ethernet Chips.

Hello Everyone,

I bought a WIZ610io network module to interface it with Arduino. My plan is to attach some sensors to an Arduino Uno and based on their readings send TCP packets to Samsung displays over Ethernet.

I downloaded the [io6Library](https://github.com/Wiznet/io6Library) and tried to add it to Arduino IDE, unsuccessfully. I tried several different methods, like changing the location of the files inside the libraries, even trying to add it to the IDE manually, but nothing worked out sadly. Every time I try to include the header file to my sketch it says “no such file or directory”.

My question is: How can I add the library to Arduino IDE?

With best regards,
Mageric

## Replies

### Reply 1 by taylor, 2022-10-25

Hello Mageric,

You can use the WIZnet Modified Ethernet library instead an official Ethernet library.

URL : <https://github.com/Wiznet/Ethernet/wiki>

If you want to use IPv6, this is a good reference. But some Arduino boards are not enough memory to run IPv6.

URL : <https://github.com/Wiznet/Ethernet/wiki/W6100-IPv6>

BR,

### Reply 2 by NUK, 2024-04-24

Hi,
I have Arduino MKR Zero Board and W6100 MKR- Ethernet Shield. I am interfacing both using SPI connections and using Latest Wiznet Ethernet Library but I am unable to ping the Ethernet Shield. I am using MOSI, MISO, SCK and CS pin too. What Ethernet Library should I use for W6100 if there is any? Please guide.
Regards,
Najeeb

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14689
