---
title: "How to flash W7500P to be exactly equal to W7500P-S2E?"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14678"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14678/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "MCU & Boards"
author: "polemon"
created: "2022-10-14T08:33:24+09:00"
last_activity: "2022-10-19T07:26:02+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 595
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# How to flash W7500P to be exactly equal to W7500P-S2E?

## Question

Asked by polemon on 2022-10-14 in MCU & Boards.

I’m having the following problem:

I have the W7500P and I’d like to flash the WIZ750SR firmware on it, such that it’s brought to the same state as the pre-programmed MCU.

I used the following settings in the “W7500 ISP Tool”:

[![Screenshot_2022-10-14_10-13-46](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/5/5f7ee22cfc6f48778cb0ef42c7a0471a73f2a0cf.png) Screenshot_2022-10-14_10-13-461084×558 21.4 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/5/5f7ee22cfc6f48778cb0ef42c7a0471a73f2a0cf.png)

The Firmware I’ve selected is `WIZ750SRv133_incl_Boot.bin`.

The problem now is, however, that I cannot access the device with the “WIZnet S2E Configuration Tool V1.5.0”.

However the pre-programmed chip was working fine before I went to upload a new firmware.

Are the settings correct? Am I doing something wrong?

## Replies

### Reply 1 by rena, 2022-10-19

Hi [@polemon](https://maker.wiznet.io/u/polemon),

I think the reason is option you checked (Erase All Data/Code Memory) in the “Step 2 - Erase” part.
When this option is checked, it will erase all data including MAC address and write a new firmware.

If you want to update the previously used firmware, set as follows.

[![image](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/f/f3c4df01733b190c8131522f634d0303e40afc4e.png) image1500×773 321 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/f/f3c4df01733b190c8131522f634d0303e40afc4e.png)

If the chip worked before, I think you have a MAC address. You have to input the MAC address to the device.

Please refer to the link below for setting options and how to insert the MAC address.

- Using serial: [\[WIZ107/108/750SR Series\] How to insert MAC address?](https://forum.wiznet.io/t/topic/4675)

- Using MAC Tool: : [Developer's Guide-\[EN\] | WIZnet Document System](https://docs.wiznet.io/Product/S2E-Module/WIZ750SR/developers-guide-EN#how-to-re-enter-the-mac-address-on-your-devices)

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14678
