---
title: "WizFi360-EVB-Pico + Arduino \"WiFiClient::read\" gives AT command instead of received data..."
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14653"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14653/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Wireless"
author: "nakazoo"
created: "2022-09-22T01:11:38+09:00"
last_activity: "2022-09-26T08:08:38+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 589
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# WizFi360-EVB-Pico + Arduino "WiFiClient::read" gives AT command instead of received data...

## Question

Asked by nakazoo on 2022-09-22 in Wireless.

Dear Sir or Madam,
I’m very new to WizFi system, so let me apologise if I’m asking a stupid question…

I’ve just started using WizFi360-EVB-Pico to get data from a sensor (which sends about 40 bytes of measurement data via WiFi/TCP every 5 seconds) in SoftAP mode, based on WebServerAP example.
For the first packet after reset, it works.
Though, from second packet, WiFiClient::read gives AT command, not received data, like:

+IPD,0,40,192.168.80.88,55018:0, 0, 7

Also, WiFiClient::available does not seem to support more than 2 packets. it gives
0 (before 1st packet’s arrival)
40 (1st packet)
40
40 (even after 2nd packet)
40 (3rd packet, …)

Is it the expected behavior? How can I get the ‘real’ Rx data…

What I’m doing is as follows:

```
    while (client.connected()) {              // loop while the client's connected
      int bytes_avail = client.available();
      Serial.print(bytes_avail);
      Serial.print(" ");
      
      if (bytes_avail > 0) {
        buf = (uint8_t *) malloc(bytes_avail);
        client.read(buf, bytes_avail);
        for (int i=0; i<bytes_avail; i++) {
          Serial.print((char)buf[i]);
        }
        Serial.println("");
        free(buf);
      }
      
      delay(1000);
    }
```

My WizFi360-EVB-Pico is running firmware 1.1.1.7.
I also thought of updating to 1.1.1.9, though, with only USB cable, I could not find any way to do that.

- Tera term Esc key while reset does not turn the device into boot mode

- WizFi upgrade tool give “not connected” error after pressing reset button

I also appreciate if anyone lets me know how to update in this situation.

Best regards,

## Replies

### Reply 1 by austin, 2022-09-26

Hello [@nakazoo](https://maker.wiznet.io/u/nakazoo)

I’ll check the issues you mentioned.

The F/W update of the WizFi360 built in the WizFi360-EVB-Pico can be done through J4(UART0).

- <https://docs.wiznet.io/assets/images/WizFi360-EVB-Pico_SCH_V100-1-44628336cfa4d71657c04fbf4bf9b8c4.png>
  [![image](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/b/bad935a7e8998b2a0ca35454c83d4087e4694dc7.png) image812×552 61.7 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/b/bad935a7e8998b2a0ca35454c83d4087e4694dc7.png)

- <https://docs.wiznet.io/assets/images/WizFi360-EVB-Pico_Pinout_220405-97312e88e09911a428ae152a94ab940b.png>
  [![image](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/2/272e6b4912b3d20e0f2014ff8f0677b249fb3018.jpeg) image1794×1419 228 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/2/272e6b4912b3d20e0f2014ff8f0677b249fb3018.jpeg)

### Reply 2 by nakazoo, 2022-09-26

Dear austin-nim,

Thank you for your firmware update instruction.
Luckily I found a USB-UART cable in my home and successfully updated to 1.1.1.9.
But I still get +IPD… from read function.

Thank you very much in advance!

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14653
