---
title: "W5500 io Library send() allows only 255 charactes content"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14649"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14649/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "Arek"
created: "2022-09-19T16:50:13+09:00"
last_activity: "2022-09-19T18:13:20+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 203
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W5500 io Library send() allows only 255 charactes content

## Question

Asked by Arek on 2022-09-19 in Ethernet Chips.

How can I increase limit of 255 charactes length limit in send function ? I am trying to host a very simple website for some varaible monitoring but 255 is nowhere near enough to what I need for my html page. I tried changing wizchip_init but no avail. Any ideas how to overcom this ?

## Replies

### Reply 1 by Eugeny, 2022-09-19

![](https://avatars.discourse-cdn.com/v4/letter/a/46a35a/48.png) Arek:

> How can I increase limit of 255 charactes length limit in send function ?

Where did you see this limit? Post your code, and explain your actual problem.

### Reply 2 by Arek, 2022-09-19

I have figured it out. I had a function in my code for generating headers with contentLength argument declated as uint8_t. This was truncating Content Leng

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14649
