---
title: "WIZ750SR-110 does not save configuration"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14640"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14640/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool"
author: "TimKeck"
created: "2022-09-10T19:59:10+09:00"
last_activity: "2022-09-20T01:24:37+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 381
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# WIZ750SR-110 does not save configuration

## Question

Asked by TimKeck on 2022-09-10 in Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool.

I bricked my WIZ750SR-110 by uploading a bad bin file.
I was able to reload WIZ750SR-1xxv133_incl_Boot.bin using ISP
I can connect with wizconfig-V1.5.0.exe, but MAC address is FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF, and when I change settings and Apply Settings, it reverts to factory defaults on restart.
I have also tried command line serial commands with the same result.
Any idea why it won’t retain settings?
Thanks

## Replies

### Reply 1 by TimKeck, 2022-09-14

I was able to recover from this by using W7500ISP:
select ISP->Dump->Data Dump from top menu bar
Edit resulting data_flash.bin with a Hex editor, insert MAC address staring at offset 0
Under Step 2 - Erase: Check Erase Data0 & Erase Data1then click Start Step 2
Under Step 5 – Select Binary FIle: select Binary File as edited data_flash.bin by using Browse button
Check Write DataFlash
Click Start Step 5

This was Version 1.0.0.1 of W7500 ISP Tool, file “W7500_ISP_20180731.exe”

I hope this helps someone else.

### Reply 2 by irina, 2022-09-20 (in reply to reply 1)

Thanks for telling me a good way.
I will show you how to insert MAC using ISP tool.
You can check it out in the video below.

<https://youtu.be/fvmAwa4m5PM>

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14640
