---
title: "Which product would suit my project?"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14621"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14621/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool"
author: "B Vincent"
created: "2022-08-22T15:55:29+09:00"
last_activity: "2022-11-11T12:23:02+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 348
replies: 6
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Which product would suit my project?

## Question

Asked by B Vincent on 2022-08-22 in Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool.

I need to **remotely** access serial logs from my embedded board. Embedded board’s UART data to be sent over ethernet and I need to access it from my PC. My PC is connected through ethernet cable (2 m away).

|BOARD’s UART| &lt;===UART==> |S2E| &lt;==ETHERNET==> |PC|

This board has only UART port (NO RS232). Can you suggest which product would suit this?

## Replies

### Reply 1 by Matthew, 2022-09-05

You can use Serial to Ethernet TTL or UART level.

### Reply 2 by B Vincent, 2022-09-05 (in reply to reply 1)

Hi Matthew,

Can you recommend some part numbers for this?

### Reply 3 by Matthew, 2022-09-19

Sorry for late reply
How about WIZ505SR-RP?

docs link: [WIZ505SR-RP - (주)위즈네트 (wiznetshop.co.kr)](http://wiznetshop.co.kr/product/detail.html?product_no=1058&cate_no=56&display_group=1)

### Reply 4 by B Vincent, 2022-11-09

Hello,

I just received my WIZ505SR-RP.

In data-sheet here: [Datasheet | WIZnet Document System](https://docs.wiznet.io/Product/S2E-Module/WIZ5xxSR-RP-Series/WIZ505SR-RP/datasheet)
JUMPER J2 pins 2 and 4 are both VCC & pins 11 & 12 are GND.
pins 2 and 4 ========> connected to 3.3v
pins 11 and 12 ======> connected to GND
Above 3.3v source is taken from my main board.

**WIZ505SR-RP ======> MYBOARD wire connections**
pin 3(UART1-RX) =====> UART1 - TX
pin 7(UART1-TX) =====> UART1 - RX

This is my setup:

MYBOARD&lt;===UART==> WIZ505SR-RP &lt;==ETHERNET==> |PC|

Now, I did NOT update/change the firmware in WIZ505SR-RP. With the default settings on the WIZ505SR-RP, how can I see the text on my PC?

### Reply 5 by Matthew, 2022-11-11 (in reply to reply 4)

Hello, You can check debug data use UART0(J1)
and
I think, you should test first with the steps below.
Your PC &lt;===USB to UART ===>WIZ505SR-RP &lt;===ETHERNET===> Your PC
And you may want to refer to the link below.
[Getting Started | WIZnet Document System](https://docs.wiznet.io/Product/S2E-Module/WIZ5xxSR-RP-Series/WIZ505SR-RP/getting-started)

### Reply 6 by B Vincent, 2022-11-11

Hi,

The getting started pre-requisite needs * WIZ500/505SR-RP-EVB. I dont have a EVB. I just need to know if there is default firmware in the WIZ505SR-RP module and what are the ip settings in the default firmware so that I can connect to the ethernet through putty.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14621
