---
title: "DATA SENT IN SEND MAC COMMAND BUT NOT SEND COMMAND"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14603"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14603/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "Abraham George"
created: "2022-08-01T07:55:51+09:00"
last_activity: "2023-01-05T18:35:53+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 314
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# DATA SENT IN SEND MAC COMMAND BUT NOT SEND COMMAND

## Question

Asked by Abraham George on 2022-08-01 in Ethernet Chips.

Hello,
I encountered a situation where the data was being successfully sent when using the send mac (x"21") command but the data is not sending when I used the send command (x"20) it just sends a stream of zeros as shown in figure

[![send mac](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/8/8333f7440c5d55014241770b04083dbf07c5de6e.png) send mac1920×1080 192 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/8/8333f7440c5d55014241770b04083dbf07c5de6e.png)

[![send](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/9/9fe4e7a4f99cc57aac0e9e97f016671b4db8a7b2.png) send1920×1080 201 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/9/9fe4e7a4f99cc57aac0e9e97f016671b4db8a7b2.png)

can anyone help me understand why this is happening?

Regards,
Abraham George

## Replies

### Reply 1 by Eugeny, 2022-08-11

Sending to remote port 0 seems to be invalid operation.
Sending to MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 does not look like proper too.
Therefore I would question if your first picture with “data” is showing a valid behavior, and is having valid data you intended to send. What data are you actually sending/expecting to see?

### Reply 2 by Jay Jagani, 2023-01-05 (in reply to reply 1)

I am having the same exact problem. When I use SEND_MAC, my udp packets send fine, but when I use the SEND command, the automatic ARP process does not seem to work. I have another topic posted here with more information: <https://forum.wiznet.io/t/topic/10570>

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14603
