---
title: "Wiz750SR: synchronize with NTP server."
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14584"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14584/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool"
author: "SerZTF"
created: "2022-06-22T07:05:48+09:00"
last_activity: "2022-06-29T06:31:40+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 494
replies: 3
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Wiz750SR: synchronize with NTP server.

## Question

Asked by SerZTF on 2022-06-22 in Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool.

Hi to all,

I’m using a Wiz750SR and I have to send a request to a NTP server (I know his address IP) and then read the response. (Interpreting the data packet in response is not a problem)

Is it possible to do it with Wiz750SR?

Thanks to all who can help me.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by SerZTF, 2022-06-24

[update]

I found this topic about the same problem:

![](https://avatars.discourse-cdn.com/v4/letter/c/a9adbd/48.png) [NTP client for WIZ550S2E?](https://forum.wiznet.io/t/topic/3791) [WIZ550 Series](https://maker.wiznet.io/c/serial-to-ethernet-module/wiz550s2e-wiz550sr/27)

> Hello! I am using WIZ550S2E and I need synchronize time with a NTP server. Can this be done with WIZ550S2E or is there a NTP client that I can use with WIZ550S2E? Thank you!

but it was for WIZ550.

I have to do the same thing but with Wiz750SR.

Is it possibile?
Any suggestions?

Pls, it’s very important for me.
Thanks in advance to all

### Reply 2 by rena, 2022-06-29 (in reply to reply 1)

Hi [@SerZTF](https://maker.wiznet.io/u/serztf),

You can use Socket communication to receive data from an NTP server. It is the same as the method of WIZ550S2E.

After setting the device using the [Configuration tool](https://github.com/Wiznet/WIZnet-S2E-Tool-GUI/releases), you can receive a response from the NTP server by sending data in a specific format via serial.
Set the NTP server as the hostname. below is the reference snapshot.

[![image](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/5/5a9e32917615cedbcd249177d3f7532b3dda7d27.png) image940×813 49.7 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/5/5a9e32917615cedbcd249177d3f7532b3dda7d27.png)

You can send and receive information with WIZ750SR standard F/W, but if you need a function to apply the received information (like syncronize), you need to modify the firmware.

The firmware is open source and runs in the Keil V5 environment.

- [WIZ750SR](https://github.com/Wiznet/WIZ750SR)

### Reply 3 by SerZTF, 2022-06-29

thank you very much.
Your suggestion was really valuable.

I’ll take a look to the firmware.

Thanks again.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14584
