---
title: "W5500-EVB-Pico Schematic Question"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14571"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14571/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "blmonk"
created: "2022-06-03T02:24:55+09:00"
last_activity: "2022-06-10T19:54:16+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 538
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W5500-EVB-Pico Schematic Question

## Question

Asked by blmonk on 2022-06-03 in Ethernet Chips.

Hi, I’m a bit confused about this portion of the W5500-EVB-Pico schematic. Does anyone know why the TXP/TXN pins on the W5500 are connected to pins 1 and 3 of the RJ45 port and why RXP/RXN are connected to pins 4 and 6? I would expect the TX pair to be on pins 1 and 2 and RX to be on pins 3 and 6.

[![2022-06-02_21-05](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/4/4fdc7ba3ed63a245510bac9469b3e8e5362ed259.jpeg) 2022-06-02_21-051920×899 131 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/4/4fdc7ba3ed63a245510bac9469b3e8e5362ed259.jpeg)

## Replies

### Reply 1 by blmonk, 2022-06-10

Nevermind I am dumb, the RJ45 has internal magnetics so the data pins on the cable are different from the RJ45 pins.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14571
