---
title: "W5500, send() fragments packets"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14567"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14567/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "tonyk"
created: "2022-05-29T07:43:27+09:00"
last_activity: "2022-06-27T23:25:27+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 412
replies: 6
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W5500, send() fragments packets

## Question

Asked by tonyk on 2022-05-29 in Ethernet Chips.

Hi!
I try to send a messge to server:

int32
result32 = send( sock, txBuff, 10 ); // request_1

But server report:
recv() 4 bytes: requ
recv() 4 bytes: est_
recv() 2 bytes: 1 //+\n

I don’t understand this situation. Why W5500 devide one message by three? How to make the W5500 dosn’t split one parcel by three?

## Replies

### Reply 1 by tonyk, 2022-05-31

[![Screenshot_403](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/5/5fb3356840f67b858cfa77a1141c318882ed8eb0.jpeg) Screenshot_4031090×146 61.9 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/5/5fb3356840f67b858cfa77a1141c318882ed8eb0.jpeg)

### Reply 2 by irina, 2022-06-15 (in reply to reply 1)

I’m sorry I’m late reply.
Could you tell me if you used any of the libraries we provide?

### Reply 3 by tonyk, 2022-06-25

Hi! I use ioLibrary.

### Reply 4 by irina, 2022-06-26

[![image](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/f/f81f7dc3078594e656373238c73291d219603fcd.jpeg) image1209×186 104 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/f/f81f7dc3078594e656373238c73291d219603fcd.jpeg)

I looked at the capture file you sent me one more time, and I could see that W5500 (ip 192.168.27.133) sent 10 bytes.
You should check whether the server received data by dividing it.
Again, the W5500 sent 10 bytes in one packet.

### Reply 5 by tonyk, 2022-06-27

Yyyyyes! Thank you very mach, Irina! I have found a mistake in my programm. The mistake was fixed and the programm work corectly.

### Reply 6 by irina, 2022-06-27

WoW~!
I’m glad that your program is working normally.
If you have any questions next time, please leave a message.
Have a good day. ![:slight_smile:](https://emoji.discourse-cdn.com/twitter/slight_smile.png?v=12)

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14567
