---
title: "How to use the Wizfi310_CON with an external antenna"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14551"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14551/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Wireless"
author: "Carlos Gonzalez"
created: "2022-05-12T09:38:47+09:00"
last_activity: "2022-06-03T12:08:16+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 393
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# How to use the Wizfi310_CON with an external antenna

## Question

Asked by Carlos Gonzalez on 2022-05-12 in Wireless.

Hello,

I am currently using the Wizfi310_CON, with the SMA connector built in.

For a new design, we want to use an external antenna on the PCB where the module is going to be soldered.

In the Wizfi310 datasheet it is stated that “if you want to use an external antenna, please contact Wiznet before designing the circuit”.

What do I have to take into account to design it?

Best Regards.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by RobertoGatti, 2022-05-19

Just plug the antenna and it will work.

### Reply 2 by Carlos Gonzalez, 2022-06-03 (in reply to reply 1)

Hello,
I don’t mean that exactly. To be able to use the external antenna pin, you have to modify the board by soldering a resistor or capacitor, but it is not specified how to do it. I want to remove the SMA connector from the board and use the antenna pin from the PCB.

Thanks!

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14551
