---
title: "Wizfi transparent mode + SPI"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14535"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14535/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Wireless"
author: "gossamer"
created: "2022-04-22T14:14:42+09:00"
last_activity: "2022-05-17T01:21:32+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 511
replies: 3
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Wizfi transparent mode + SPI

## Question

Asked by gossamer on 2022-04-22 in Wireless.

I got wizfi360 to replace my Wifly RN1810 modules.
I would like to be able to broadcast AP from wiFly, connect to it from Tablet app and send and receive data in transparent mode without AT overhead. I would also prefer using SPI for communication with microcontroller.
What configuration do I need to set on the module via UART first to enable TCP server in transparent mode ? Will it auto-switch to SPI when SPIEN is set to low ?
Will SPI also transmit/receive in transparent mode ?

## Replies

### Reply 1 by austin, 2022-04-25

Hello,

To use WizFi360’s SPI mode, it must be set as follows.

- Use F/W version 1.1.x.x (The latest F/W veriosn of WiZFi360 is 1.1.1.7).

- Set SPI_EN pin low.

However, please note that WizFi360 does not support transparent mode when using both UART mode / SPI mode as a TCP server.

### Reply 2 by gossamer, 2022-04-26 (in reply to reply 1)

Are there any plans to release fw that supports transparent mode ? Because with AT overhead its not really an option for many applications…

### Reply 3 by austin, 2022-04-27

The TCP server transparent mode function will be added in the next version release, but there is no plan for the next version release yet.

I’m sorry I couldn’t help you.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14535
