---
title: "ICMP example"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14533"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14533/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "tommyliu0804"
created: "2022-04-21T11:56:14+09:00"
last_activity: "2022-04-22T10:54:46+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 1124
replies: 5
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# ICMP example

## Question

Asked by tommyliu0804 on 2022-04-21 in Ethernet Chips.

We want to ping other host from W5500.
Is there any example code for ping?

## Replies

### Reply 1 by tommyliu0804, 2022-04-22

I can’t find Sn_PROTO in W5500.
How to do following setting in W5500?
→ IINCHIP_WRITE(Sn_PROTO(s), IPPROTO_ICMP);

### Reply 2 by tommyliu0804, 2022-04-22 (in reply to reply 1)

Anyway, I get it works now.

### Reply 3 by Matthew, 2022-04-22

Hi.

There is an ICMP Ping Example as an IPAW Example in the link below.
please note

[IPRAW | WIZnet Document System](https://docs.wiznet.io/Product/iEthernet/W5500/Application/ipraw)

### Reply 4 by tommyliu0804, 2022-04-22 (in reply to reply 3)

Thanks, I saw this example already.

### Reply 5 by Matthew, 2022-04-22

Good!!

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14533
