---
title: "W7500S2E-C1 connected to Switch-IC KSZ8863MLL"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14446"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14446/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "MCU & Boards"
author: "Torsten"
created: "2022-01-19T06:40:34+09:00"
last_activity: "2022-09-07T02:56:52+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 487
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W7500S2E-C1 connected to Switch-IC KSZ8863MLL

## Question

Asked by Torsten on 2022-01-19 in MCU & Boards.

I’m interested in using the W7500S2E-C1 together with the Micrel KSZ8863MLL within my own board. The KSZ8863MLL is intended to provide a 3-port switch functionality to allow daisy chaining of several boards.
The primary function is similar to the W7500S2E-R1 - a serial (UART) to Ethernet gateway without additional protocol.

Can I use the W7500S2E-C1 with the original firmware or is an extra support for the switch chip required?
If modifications are required at the firmware, is it possible to get an adapted version?

Thanks

## Replies

### Reply 1 by lokman402, 2022-09-07

[@Torsten](https://maker.wiznet.io/u/torsten)

I’m Ron from WIZnet HK.

Thank you for your interest on using our W7500S2E-C1.

The firmware for W7500S2E-C1 has set to only could communicate with IP101 series.

If you are still interested on using our solution, please email us to support@wiznet.hk

Best Regards,
Ron

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14446
