---
title: "Multicast on wiz752sr-125"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14363"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14363/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool"
author: "Ajit Pal Singh"
created: "2021-10-16T03:21:56+09:00"
last_activity: "2021-10-18T01:19:23+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 428
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Multicast on wiz752sr-125

## Question

Asked by Ajit Pal Singh on 2021-10-16 in Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool.

Is multicast supported on wiz752sr-125 board? If tried specifying multicast address but the no data output observed on wireshark. Please indicate how to do multicasting on wiz752sr-125?

## Replies

### Reply 1 by louis, 2021-10-18

Hi

After V1.2.5, I heard that multi-casting is supported.

Please update the firmware first. Please refer to the post below.

![](https://avatars.discourse-cdn.com/v4/letter/l/6a8cbe/48.png) [\[WIZ750SR\] Multicast problem](https://forum.wiznet.io/t/topic/6450/8) [WIZ750 Series](https://maker.wiznet.io/c/serial-to-ethernet-module/wiz750sr-wiz750jr/122)

> Yes. In multicast socket, I want that WIZ750SR sends data to multicast IP and ONLY receives data on local unicast IP. I do not want that WIZ750SR receives multicast data. The problem is, that WIZ750SR joins the multicast group and therefore receives multicast data sent from other WIZ750SR modules. I used Wireshark to analyse the network traffic and saw that each WIZ750SR joins the multicast group and sends IGMPv2 Membership Report messages. Is it possible to use multicast socket without jo…

Thank you.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14363
