---
title: "Socket n RX Write Pointer Register Update"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14348"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14348/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "switzigmann"
created: "2021-09-16T09:43:14+09:00"
last_activity: "2021-09-16T16:17:14+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 320
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Socket n RX Write Pointer Register Update

## Question

Asked by switzigmann on 2021-09-16 in Ethernet Chips.

I suppose that I will get a INT when a complete TCP/IP frame was received.
But I have some latency from int to readout. After Int I clear the RECV int flag.

Then I start to read out the data from the socket ram.

Whats happened, if while readout the data and a next Frame will arrive during this time.
Will Socket n RX Write Pointer Register updated byte by byte or after a complete frame.

**Will a new INT be issued?**

## Replies

### Reply 1 by switzigmann, 2021-09-16

[![W5500 Read Access](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/7/75bf10415d045e5155e68aeb961d9f841751617d.jpeg) W5500 Read Access830×550 30.2 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/7/75bf10415d045e5155e68aeb961d9f841751617d.jpeg)

You will se a simplifier circuit diagram to understand the Register for receive.
IS this assumption correct?

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14348
