---
title: "WizFi360-EVB-Mini SPI Issue to STM32 (Writing to TX BUFF AVAIL returns 0x00)"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14332"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14332/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Wireless"
author: "joshzhuozhichen"
created: "2021-08-21T04:41:48+09:00"
last_activity: "2021-08-21T04:41:48+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 620
replies: 0
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# WizFi360-EVB-Mini SPI Issue to STM32 (Writing to TX BUFF AVAIL returns 0x00)

## Question

Asked by joshzhuozhichen on 2021-08-21 in Wireless.

Hi,

I use WizFi360-EVB-Mini with STM32 (development board NUCLEO-L4A6ZG) and I am testing the SPI feature of WizFi360. The issue is after I wrote 0x03 to MOSI line, I could not get bit 2 of the response to be high. According to the datasheet I am supposed to get some value back for TX BUFF AVAIL. But I keep getting 0x00.

This is the very first message to send to the dev kit after power up so I am sure there is no data being sent before this. TX BUFF should be available. Also I checked the physical connection multiple times, including ensuring PB13 is connected to ground, and they all look correct.

As a side note, PB13 does not have annotation saying it’s SPI_EN on the dev kit datasheet. Does WizFi360-EVB-Mini support SPI mode at all? If so what else do I need to do to make it work?

[![image](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/6/619f67d872235468da34acb57067a8620fac47b4.png) image1413×591 32.4 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/6/619f67d872235468da34acb57067a8620fac47b4.png)

Thank you!

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14332
