---
title: "W5500 - RPi Pico"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14207"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14207/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "enigma42"
created: "2021-04-06T00:28:54+09:00"
last_activity: "2021-04-19T01:10:01+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 375
replies: 4
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W5500 - RPi Pico

## Question

Asked by enigma42 on 2021-04-06 in Ethernet Chips.

Hi. Has anyone attempted to connect W5500 through RPi Pico SPI interface?

## Replies

### Reply 1 by becky, 2021-04-06

Hello, I’ve tested it before. How are you doing the development environment?

### Reply 2 by irina, 2021-04-06

Please refer to as below link, I tested after adding W5500 in SPI folder.

![](https://github.githubassets.com/favicons/favicon.svg) [GitHub](https://github.com/irinakim12/pico-examples)

![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/1/1f9f43ec1c0e5850f562f9057780600e46390d05.png)

### [GitHub - irinakim12/pico-examples](https://github.com/irinakim12/pico-examples)

Contribute to irinakim12/pico-examples development by creating an account on GitHub.

[![image](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/3/3f130ff5f5ee295e107a1669341d11ccd1a5dbb2.png) image431×770 23.9 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/3/3f130ff5f5ee295e107a1669341d11ccd1a5dbb2.png)

This post is written in Korean, but you can check the operation.
<https://blog.naver.com/roruca/222299887109>

### Reply 3 by enigma42, 2021-04-06

Thanks for solving!

### Reply 4 by enigma42, 2021-04-19

Hi again. I’m running your example code on the Pico and noticed that W5500 resets the Pico every 12-24 hours. I’m running you example code without modifications on a breadboard . I connect it to a another computer that make a PUTTY connection and keeps it open. Have you seen this behavior?

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14207
