---
title: "w7500(TOE)"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14109"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14109/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "MCU & Boards"
author: "kiran"
created: "2021-01-04T09:49:49+09:00"
last_activity: "2021-02-15T23:39:48+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 615
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# w7500(TOE)

## Question

Asked by kiran on 2021-01-04 in MCU & Boards.

[![delete](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/2/226e77e26aa13a0a398f06062c697337c471bf78.png) delete1116×633 57 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/2/226e77e26aa13a0a398f06062c697337c471bf78.png)

Particularly in TOE module, can I simulate the working of WZTOE with my sample code? First I want to configure two sockets. I will send data from socket 0 and loop back the converted ethernet frame to socket 1 and verify the data here. Could you please tell me how to loop back the ethernet frame?
I regret that I am unaware of this module and reference manual doesn’t explain anything. I want to learn this and I have necessary hardware for emulation. But I don’t have an evaluation board.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by kiran, 2021-02-12

Please help me on this. This means a lot for me.

### Reply 2 by becky, 2021-02-15 (in reply to reply 1)

<https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fko.flukenetworks.com%2Fblog%2Fcabling-chronicles%2F101-series-ethernet-back-basics&psig=AOvVaw0k2t5Ee1DH9XqvHP23JGI0&ust=1613518347102000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCODznrOG7e4CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAI>
Is the ethernet frame you want to receive the same as above?
First of all, the action you are trying to do is not simple.
To receive an Ethernet frame, a socket must be opened in macraw mode. In the case of macraw mode, only socket 0 can be opened.
It is possible to transmit UDP data from socket 1 to socket 0, but the purpose of the operation you are trying to do is not understood.

For an ethernet example of w7500, please refer to the repository below.

![](https://github.githubassets.com/favicons/favicon.svg) [github.com](https://github.com/Wiznet/W7500/tree/master/W7500x_Library_Examples/Projects/Peripheral_Examples/WZTOE/)

### [W7500/W7500x_Library_Examples/Projects/Peripheral_Examples/WZTOE at master ·...](https://github.com/Wiznet/W7500/tree/master/W7500x_Library_Examples/Projects/Peripheral_Examples/WZTOE/)

[master/W7500x_Library_Examples/Projects/Peripheral_Examples/WZTOE/](https://github.com/Wiznet/W7500/tree/master/W7500x_Library_Examples/Projects/Peripheral_Examples/WZTOE/)

W7500 Library and Peripheral Examples. Contribute to Wiznet/W7500 development by creating an account on GitHub.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14109
