---
title: "W7500 Stick parity"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14108"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14108/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "MCU & Boards"
author: "Swapnil"
created: "2021-01-03T08:13:44+09:00"
last_activity: "2021-01-14T07:39:43+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 505
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W7500 Stick parity

## Question

Asked by Swapnil on 2021-01-03 in MCU & Boards.

Hi,

I am trying to use stick parity in uart communication.
In reference manual it is mentioned under description of UART0LCR_H register. With useing PEN, SPS and EPS bits we can send parity 1 or 0.
I tried it with following code,
tmpreg = UART0->LCR_H;
tmpreg |= UART_Parity_One;
UART0->LCR_H |= tmpreg;

#define UART_Parity_One ((uint16_t)(UART_LCR_H_PEN | UART_LCR_H_SPS))
#define UART_Parity_Zero ((uint16_t)(UART_LCR_H_PEN | UART_LCR_H_EPS | UART_LCR_H_SPS))

But it works only once. If I change parity from 0 to 1 then it wont works.
I am not getting what I am missing.
Also there is any sample example in library for reference.

How to do it?

Thanks and regards,
Swapnil

## Replies

### Reply 1 by Swapnil, 2021-01-14

Hello everyone,

Any updates?

Thanks and regards,
Swapnil

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14108
