---
title: "getting started by Wiz610MJ"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14101"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14101/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "IO Modules"
author: "sbehnam3"
created: "2020-12-21T13:58:17+09:00"
last_activity: "2020-12-30T14:09:47+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 705
replies: 4
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# getting started by Wiz610MJ

## Question

Asked by sbehnam3 on 2020-12-21 in IO Modules.

Is there any configuration tool for Wiz610MJ module? or any tutorial using Arduino to setup Wiz610MJ? I need to send ‘hello word’ using SPI connection from my Arduino to Wiz610MJ. Then receive it over TCP/IP by my laptop. any configuration tool?

## Replies

### Reply 1 by becky, 2020-12-22

Hello,

Please refer to this document.
There is no configuration tool for the w6100.
<https://wizwiki.net/wiki/lib/exe/fetch.php/osh:w6100_ethernet_shield:w6100_ethernet_shield_ug_v001e.pdf>

### Reply 2 by sbehnam3, 2020-12-29 (in reply to reply 1)

Hi Thank you for your reply,
Actually I have followed the structure you sent, unfortunately still have problem. When I run Chat server example in Arduino IDE, Wiz610MJ module could not get correct IP ,it shows: 09:50:58.689 → Chat server address:255.255.255.255. I have checked SPI connections but still same problem ![:frowning:](https://emoji.discourse-cdn.com/twitter/frowning.png?v=12)

### Reply 3 by becky, 2020-12-30

I think there is a problem with your SPI.
Please tell me the hardware environment and Arduino Code.

### Reply 4 by sbehnam3, 2020-12-30

Actually, I am using arduino uno library which in introduced in the PDF file that you sent me.
I have tested the chat server example (also more examples) but module can not get IP. attached files show my setup and diagrams of connections.

[![Wiznet](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/f/fc29ba25132f6d15b1aad02563cb9845b67ab477.jpeg) Wiznet635×533 28 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/f/fc29ba25132f6d15b1aad02563cb9845b67ab477.jpeg)

[![wiznet1](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/a/a0fc11726d762033c9511a4eb804aef09adefada.jpeg) wiznet11018×1280 127 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/a/a0fc11726d762033c9511a4eb804aef09adefada.jpeg)

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14101
