---
title: "W5500 does not answer on SPI"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14084"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14084/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "MootSeeker"
created: "2020-12-09T08:58:22+09:00"
last_activity: "2020-12-09T09:04:20+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 383
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W5500 does not answer on SPI

## Question

Asked by MootSeeker on 2020-12-09 in Ethernet Chips.

Hi I got a really strange problem with the w5500 Chip.
I Started working on a firmware where I connect to a webserver and send and receive some data.
A long time this works. Since some weeks I can’t get any Answer from the W5500 Chip.

I Changed near to 20chips on 10 different PCB’s. I went back to the first version and compared it with the latest one but I couldn’t see any difference at all.

I Checked too how the commuinication looks like and that looks like the same as the ones which a working.

[![fail](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/2/2e822069bf7ada57a7c07e25f5de1897429ef4a8.png) fail2319×265 26.2 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/2/2e822069bf7ada57a7c07e25f5de1897429ef4a8.png)

Does anyone has a guess as to what this might be?

## Replies

### Reply 1 by MootSeeker, 2020-12-09

Here is the other screenshot

[![working](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/8/858456e2d3e8302537b0e72335ffcf28f9cdec00.png) working2331×481 31.6 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/8/858456e2d3e8302537b0e72335ffcf28f9cdec00.png)

This screenshot is with the same board just with the older Firmware

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14084
