---
title: "unable to read identification register of W5300"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14075"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14075/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "IO Modules"
author: "adityagour"
created: "2020-11-29T06:18:24+09:00"
last_activity: "2020-11-29T06:18:24+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 538
replies: 0
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# unable to read identification register of W5300

## Question

Asked by adityagour on 2020-11-29 in IO Modules.

Hi
I am interfacing Nucleo-L496 (STM32) with Wiz830MJ.
I am having a working experience with WizNM7010 for our older designs.

I have connected Wiz830MJ with Nucleo board using jumpers. As a first step I was trying to read IDR just to make sure connectivity is proper.

I have downloaded the library files for W5300 from github as per the link from wiznet website. I have also modified wizchip_conf.h as follows:

1. #define *WIZCHIP* W5300
   2.#define *WIZCHIP_IO_MODE* *WIZCHIP_IO_MODE_BUS_DIR*

2. #define *WIZCHIP_IO_BUS_WIDTH* 16

3. #define *WIZCHIP_IO_BASE* 0x60000000

I tried uploading my wizchip_conf.h but could not do so. Anyways I have done all “@todo” changes except reg_wizchip_cris_cbfunc, reg_wizchip_cs_cbfunc, reg_wizchip_bus_cbfunc.

The issue is that I am unable to read IDR successfully using WIZCHIP_READ (0x600000FE). I also tried wizchip_bus_readdata(0x600000FE).

I have doubly checked the jumper settings and also verified the CS & RD signals and one of the address lines using oscilloscope. These screenshots are attached for reference.

Kindly help me to proceed further.

[![scope_1](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/4/491a465dc4d88d4646d1e326f6a9de69549c08fe.png) scope_1800×632 12.9 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/4/491a465dc4d88d4646d1e326f6a9de69549c08fe.png)

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14075
