---
title: "Hostname Server"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14059"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14059/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool"
author: "Paf"
created: "2020-11-03T10:50:18+09:00"
last_activity: "2020-11-06T00:36:01+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 534
replies: 3
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Hostname Server

## Question

Asked by Paf on 2020-11-03 in Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool.

Hello everybody
I have a problem with my Wiz750SR board.
I would like to change the hostname. But I don’t know how to do it.

Best Regards
Paf

[![Unbenannt](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/9/95da4a71c960e9af4c5c982d54159d7cf9703198.png) Unbenannt665×728 35.9 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/9/95da4a71c960e9af4c5c982d54159d7cf9703198.png)

## Replies

### Reply 1 by becky, 2020-11-04

The host server can be modified in “Remote host/Port”. However, since you are currently using the Wiz750 in server mode, the field is not active. Please setting it after changing to client mode.
![image](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/1/161967c4a2f59c6d1cbb5fdbfa6506dc249a4d3e.png)

### Reply 2 by Paf, 2020-11-04 (in reply to reply 1)

Hello Becky

Thank you for your response.

Is there no way to edit the host name in server mode?

### Reply 3 by becky, 2020-11-06

What does host name mean?
The server just needs to wait for the client to connect.
There is no need to configure the host.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14059
