---
title: "W5300 phy and transformer"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14058"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14058/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "jianjian"
created: "2020-11-03T06:18:33+09:00"
last_activity: "2020-11-03T06:18:33+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 482
replies: 0
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W5300 phy and transformer

## Question

Asked by jianjian on 2020-11-03 in Ethernet Chips.

Hello，everyone

recently I have met a question about the W5300, When I debug the board which our hardware engineer designed before, I have found the transformer is pulse electronics’ 1000B-5001FX. but the W5300 supports **10BaseT/100BaseTX** only. What makes me confuse is weather it works well under this condition(the transformer is 1000 and the W5300 is 10 or 100)?
At this momemt I have connect the W5300 with the PC by a ethernet cable, but there is no any response after I pluged in the jack. IS it nomal?

I would very appriate if someone could help me!
thanks

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14058
