---
title: "Doesn`t work channel number 4"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14005"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14005/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "SimpleCode"
created: "2020-09-11T08:47:06+09:00"
last_activity: "2020-09-14T23:01:23+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 431
replies: 3
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Doesn`t work channel number 4

## Question

Asked by SimpleCode on 2020-09-11 in Ethernet Chips.

I work with wiznet 5100. Socket on 4 channel doesnt work. I use udp and tcp server and tcp client on 3 other channel of wiznet.If redefined channel on 4 channel the socket connect and then disconect
again and again.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by irina, 2020-09-13

W5100 can use 4 independent hardware sockets simultaneously and available socket numbers are 0 to 3. I think you used socket number 4.

### Reply 2 by SimpleCode, 2020-09-14 (in reply to reply 1)

I use socket number 3. Thanks for help
I have already found mistake. I forgot to set bit in IMR register to anable a interrapt for 4 socket.

### Reply 3 by irina, 2020-09-14

I’m glad your problem was solved.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/14005
