---
title: "Using KEIL to compile the LED Blink Example"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13890"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13890/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "MCU & Boards"
author: "MoA"
created: "2020-06-14T21:16:11+09:00"
last_activity: "2022-10-05T08:35:01+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 702
replies: 4
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Using KEIL to compile the LED Blink Example

## Question

Asked by MoA on 2020-06-14 in MCU & Boards.

I am building a new system around the W7500 chip, and I am having difficulty with using the latest version of KEIL with the instructions given in “<https://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php/products:w7500:documents:appnote:howtokeil#step_3_make_workspace_and_move_the_w7500_library_to_workspace>”
It appears that the instructions document dates back 2015, and while it is still applicable fundamentally, there has been enough change both on the Wiznet and KEIL side to make this document obsolete.

I am looking for a complete KEIL project (for the new version of KEIL) that has all the files and compiler settings. Please provide tested solution that really compiles and works.

Thanks,

Mo

## Replies

### Reply 1 by irina, 2020-06-18

Is this what you are looking for?

![](https://github.githubassets.com/favicons/favicon.svg) [GitHub](https://github.com/Wiznet/W7500x_StdPeriph_Lib)

![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/6/6dbb52f540aa630db0991caedd235b3a74dd403f.png)

### [GitHub - Wiznet/W7500x_StdPeriph_Lib: Standard peripherals library for the...](https://github.com/Wiznet/W7500x_StdPeriph_Lib)

Standard peripherals library for the W7500x. Contribute to Wiznet/W7500x_StdPeriph_Lib development by creating an account on GitHub.

I think you can use it for test.

Blink Example : [W7500x_StdPeriph_Lib/Projects/W7500x_StdPeriph_Examples/GPIO/GPIO_IOToggle at master · Wiznet/W7500x_StdPeriph_Lib · GitHub](https://github.com/Wiznet/W7500x_StdPeriph_Lib/tree/master/Projects/W7500x_StdPeriph_Examples/GPIO/GPIO_IOToggle)

### Reply 2 by MoA, 2020-06-18

Hello Irina Kim,

No, I already have this library. My problem is that I am unable to put a KEIL project together that compiles. The documentation for creating a new KEIL project is old and obsolete.

Mo

### Reply 3 by MoA, 2020-06-18 (in reply to reply 1)

Hello Irina Kim,

Thank you for responding to my post.

I already have the library you provided, so it does not help. My problem is that I am unable to create a new KEIL project that compiles. Basically, I am following the steps highlighted for creating a new KEIL project, but the new version of KEIL (5.3) has changed, and the libraries and files from Wiznet have changed. So, there have been too many changes since the instruction document for creating a new KEIL project was developed.

The options for me are the following:

1. If someone can provide a new and up-to-date document that shows the steps of producing a new KEIL Project, then I could just try to make the project myself

2. The 2nd options is that someone makes a new KEIL project for the LED Blink and gives me the entire project files. This is not a preferred way because we will not learn how to make future projects, but at least it gets us going

3. The 3rd way is to have someone working closely with me, like over the email and phone and take me through the steps pf creating a new KEIL project

Can you offer any of the above-mentioned options?

Mo

### Reply 4 by nguyen van Quang, 2022-10-05

Hello Mr/Mrs MoA
Did you solve your problem yet?
I just got my problem like you.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13890
