---
title: "TCP client : sending \"garbage\" with the data"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13867"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13867/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "Dan1"
created: "2020-06-02T14:21:22+09:00"
last_activity: "2021-01-02T13:50:49+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 473
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# TCP client : sending "garbage" with the data

## Question

Asked by Dan1 on 2020-06-02 in Ethernet Chips.

Hello all:
I am having strange fenomena in which when sending a string to the sever by W5500 , wireshark shows endless incoming chars long befor the sent string is shown as well . String of 10 bytes make the server to get thousends! of “garbage” bytes around it…
Setup seems to be ok and I got stucked…
Good idea will be appreciated…
Dan

## Replies

### Reply 1 by dccuser, 2020-12-31

Hello, I just encounter the same issue. You need to read the tx_wr-Pointer just before sending.

### Reply 2 by cellkey, 2021-01-02 (in reply to reply 1)

…Hi, problem solved long ago. Board works as expected, and even beyond…

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13867
