---
title: "W7500S2E-R1 Orange Light Blinking"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13843"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13843/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool"
author: "dmajb"
created: "2020-05-21T16:28:57+09:00"
last_activity: "2020-05-25T02:26:01+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 506
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W7500S2E-R1 Orange Light Blinking

## Question

Asked by dmajb on 2020-05-21 in Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool.

Hello,

The W7500S2E-R1 module I am trying to use is not currently working, and I’d like to establish a baseline of what the module’s doing so I can best determine how to proceed. My first question to anyone who’d know is, what does it mean if the orange light on the module is slowly blinking when I try to send data to it? The light comes on for about 2-3 seconds and then turns off again, only to come back on a second later and do it again. The green light on the port stays on continuously during this. Thank you very much for your help.

-Dave B.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by becky, 2020-05-25

In the RJ45 socket, orange led is data led. It may be caused by you sending or recv data, or it may be caused by other factors such as broadcast packets.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13843
