---
title: "Technical issue/doubts on W5500 function"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13810"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13810/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "Phoenix"
created: "2020-05-06T04:05:47+09:00"
last_activity: "2020-05-08T05:09:11+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 540
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Technical issue/doubts on W5500 function

## Question

Asked by Phoenix on 2020-05-06 in Ethernet Chips.

I have been using your Ethernet module, W5500 since 2 years and till now there we didn’t get any critical failure which is really impressive.

From my recent observation,

I noticed that the Link LED stays static but whenever I restarts the AC supply switch sometimes the Link LED restarts. This is not frequent but unusual.

Our device runs on both AC and rechargeable battery power. Every-time when continuously I turn ON and OFF the AC power for 5-10 times it occurs(Link LED restarts) once. When it is on battery power it also happens.(May be the link is getting disconnected and restarting) I have also checked the supply which doesn’t fluctuate at that moment(3.28V).

So, kindly assist for technical help regarding this topic.Thanks.

[Ethernet PDF.pdf](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/legacyFile.asp?path=8Z0bBkwmPolhfZGYC8fE80erh0E.pdf) (112.7 KB)

## Replies

### Reply 1 by irina, 2020-05-07

I think you need to review your schematic and I will deliver it to the hardware manager.
[@Scott](https://maker.wiznet.io/u/scott)

### Reply 2 by scott, 2020-05-08

I replied to this via e-mail

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13810
