---
title: "Check Socket number problem"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13804"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13804/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "Julio Beloso"
created: "2020-04-30T06:50:30+09:00"
last_activity: "2020-05-07T01:56:50+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 404
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Check Socket number problem

## Question

Asked by Julio Beloso on 2020-04-30 in Ethernet Chips.

Hi,
I can see in the library:

#define CHECK_SOCKNUM()
do{
if(sn > *WIZCHIP_SOCK_NUM*) return SOCKERR_SOCKNUM;
}while(0); \

if I have *WIZCHIP_SOCK_NUM* = 8,

when I put sn = 0 → check = OK
when I put sn = 8 → check = OK

I think that this is a bug because the check is validating *WIZCHIP_SOCK_NUM* + 1 sockets, right?

regards

## Replies

### Reply 1 by RochLevoff, 2020-04-30

Hello…in my case while e﻿xamining this situation I remembered that in the first surrounding (whole network) proxy server is being used. Since i don’t have constant access to that surrounding I can not test if everything would work fine if I have used the option for proxy server in the test. Can this be the source of the problem? You might say I should test it and then report back again, but I want to be ready when I go there next time, so I’m just wondering is there anything I posted here that might indicate where the problem is?

### Reply 2 by becky, 2020-05-07

Thanks for your attention
I will fix the bug after checking.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13804
