---
title: "Custom W5500 Board Don't Respond to SPI"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13786"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13786/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "jpc0809"
created: "2020-04-19T14:01:12+09:00"
last_activity: "2020-04-22T08:34:29+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 292
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Custom W5500 Board Don't Respond to SPI

## Question

Asked by jpc0809 on 2020-04-19 in Ethernet Chips.

Hi!

I’ve made a custom W5500 board based from a circuit from a local manufacturer. However, on testing, while communicating with an Arduino Due, the W5500 isn’t responding via SPI. Attached here are my schematic and layout. Hoping you can point out what I am missing.[w5500_bp2_fin.zip](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/legacyFile.asp?path=752lfW3rcMQBLPAs8FJnzANKzQw.zip) (313.6 KB)

## Replies

### Reply 1 by irina, 2020-04-19

First, I want you to see the reference schematic we provide.
<https://wizwiki.net/wiki/lib/exe/fetch.php/products:w5500:w5500_evb:w5500_evb_v1.0_140527.pdf>

I’ll talk this issue to the person in charge of hardware engineer [@Scott](https://maker.wiznet.io/u/scott)

### Reply 2 by jpc0809, 2020-04-22

Hi! I think I got most of the parts there covered. Hopefully, you can point something that I’d missed?

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13786
