---
title: "Example Code for reading data using the Virtual Port created by WIZ VSP"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13738"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13738/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool"
author: "Patricia Malubago"
created: "2020-03-13T02:40:15+09:00"
last_activity: "2020-03-17T02:26:42+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 854
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Example Code for reading data using the Virtual Port created by WIZ VSP

## Question

Asked by Patricia Malubago on 2020-03-13 in Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool.

Hi,

I am currently trying to get a data from a serial device using my WIZ1000 and I am using the virtual com port created by WIZ VSP. I am using LabVIEW for the programming and I can’t seem to get any data coming from my serial device. I used VISA functions to read any data in the virtual port created.

Should I used TCP functions instead? And if I do, should I use the default IP Address and Port from the WIZ1000 Configuration tool?

Do you have any code examples for scenarios like this? Any programming language can help.
Thank you!

Here is my setup:

RS232 Device ----> GIVEN RS2323 CABLE -----> WIZ1000 ------> GIVEN ETHERNET CABLE ------> ROUTER ------> STRAIGHT THROUGH ETHERNET CABLE -----> LAPTOP

## Replies

### Reply 1 by irina, 2020-03-17

Hi~
I tested the WIZ1000 using TCP, but if you want to use the UDP, you can use the UDP.
This figure shows the setting information of WIZVSP and WIZ1000

[![image](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/b/b36f62d2895a8ac18e1c9c50267ce56a9a5fd53a.png) image1414×603 230 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/b/b36f62d2895a8ac18e1c9c50267ce56a9a5fd53a.png)

This figure shows my test setup.

[![image](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/b/b259dd6fa0a7fafc48a4378394e3041d4521c4f2.png) image1116×450 27.3 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/b/b259dd6fa0a7fafc48a4378394e3041d4521c4f2.png)

I took a video about WIZ1000 test and I think you can see it and follow it.

[![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/f/f5dd0262d94a06bb4664bef2ac681ab6a6e24fb2.jpeg)](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKby9sySCkk)

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13738
