---
title: "WIZ1000 Not Recognized by Configuration Tool"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13732"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13732/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "General"
author: "Patricia Malubago"
created: "2020-03-06T05:40:09+09:00"
last_activity: "2020-03-06T08:12:19+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 767
replies: 6
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# WIZ1000 Not Recognized by Configuration Tool

## Question

Asked by Patricia Malubago on 2020-03-06 in General.

Hi. Will the configuration tool be able to recognize my WIZ1000 even if there is no serial device connected (serial device is not yet available)? I am trying to configure my WIZ1000 and I don’t know where to start. I only connected the WIZ1000 to my laptop using the ethernet cable. Your reply will be greatly appreciated! ![:slight_smile:](https://emoji.discourse-cdn.com/twitter/slight_smile.png?v=12)

## Replies

### Reply 1 by becky, 2020-03-06

Hello,
In case of Configuration tool, it is possible to operate without serial connection.
Because it is operated by ethernet communication.

### Reply 2 by Patricia Malubago, 2020-03-06 (in reply to reply 1)

Thank you for your response.

I tried to configure my WIZ1000 using the given ethernet cable and the configuration tool can’t seem to recognize it.
I already tried pressing the reset button and holding it for about 10 seconds.
I also tried to disable my laptop’s firewall.
I tried a ping test using the configuration tool and my command prompt and it does not ping.

Are there any other methods that I could try so that I can configure my WIZ1000?

### Reply 3 by becky, 2020-03-06

Are you using the configuration tool for WIZ1000?
Can’t search in the configuration tool?
Does the LINK LED light up when the LAN cable is connected?

### Reply 4 by Patricia Malubago, 2020-03-06

Yes, I was using the Configuration tool for WIZ1000.
And cannot search using the configuration tool. The LINK LED also lights up when the LAN Cable is connected.

### Reply 5 by Patricia Malubago, 2020-03-06

Do I need to type anything beside the “wiznet” password for the search function?

### Reply 6 by becky, 2020-03-06

No, you need to type “wiznet”
Please try to ping test to 192.168.11.133.
Are WIZ1000 and your PC under the same subnet?

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13732
