---
title: "Switch Implementation"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13669"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13669/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "MCU & Boards"
author: "ANGEL-SAGO"
created: "2020-01-24T17:04:12+09:00"
last_activity: "2020-01-28T00:32:31+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 490
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Switch Implementation

## Question

Asked by ANGEL-SAGO on 2020-01-24 in MCU & Boards.

I would like to know if it is possible to use any chip as a switch?.

I have been working with w7500 chip.

What I need to do is something like 2 PCB almost the same technologically with 2 serial ports each and my problem is that I need to create a PCB one side with an ethernet port to the server and the other side I need to have something that works as a switch with the possible ports it could has.

Do you have a design reference or something developed before?.

[![RJ45 SWITCH](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/0/0842ffddfeb2ca80da4cba018ce0d2df7ed399f9.png) RJ45 SWITCH768×614 5.06 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/0/0842ffddfeb2ca80da4cba018ce0d2df7ed399f9.png)

## Replies

### Reply 1 by irina, 2020-01-28

Sorry, I don’t know much about making switch hub and also, we don’t support the design reference about it.

RJ45 is Ethernet and serial port is uart port, is it right? I don’t understand that.

But if the middle PCB is 2-port Serial to Ethernet, I recommend WIZ752SR-125.

[![image](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/7/7b19d2b25c0694f2dcc2c696156dff7cb9123feb.png) image686×664 464 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/7/7b19d2b25c0694f2dcc2c696156dff7cb9123feb.png)

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13669
