---
title: "Interfacing Wiznet W5300 with a Spartan 3 FPGA?"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13648"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13648/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "qandeel fazal"
created: "2020-01-14T15:02:24+09:00"
last_activity: "2020-01-22T05:42:58+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 705
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Interfacing Wiznet W5300 with a Spartan 3 FPGA?

## Question

Asked by qandeel fazal on 2020-01-14 in Ethernet Chips.

I have to interface Wiznet W5300 chip with a Spartan 3 FPGA for sending packets over Ethernet using the Hardwired TCP/IP feature of Wiznet. I am planning to interface using the direct/indirect bus of Wiznet W5300. Can anyone point me to some good and helpful sources that can help me in this regard since I am quite new to this. So far I have mostly come across Wiznet interfacing with FPGA using the SPI protocol.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by scott, 2020-01-17

Dear [@qandeel_fazal](https://maker.wiznet.io/u/qandeel_fazal)

Sorry, we have no FW code to control W5300 with FPGA.

Scott

### Reply 2 by qandeel fazal, 2020-01-22 (in reply to reply 1)

Ok is there any tutorial explaining the memory structure and addressing of Wiznet W5300 in detail with examples? Like I want to know in detail what actually is T.M.S and W.M.S?

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13648
