---
title: "W5500 read interrupt re-triggering"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13513"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13513/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "gossamer"
created: "2019-10-08T18:51:56+09:00"
last_activity: "2019-10-10T06:02:14+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 863
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W5500 read interrupt re-triggering

## Question

Asked by gossamer on 2019-10-08 in Ethernet Chips.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong here, but my socket rcv interrupt is re-triggering after clearing socket interrupt and common reg socket interrupt.

Sequence is:
Poll for SIR status
Check Sn_IR status
clear Sn_IR interrupt (tried writing 0xff)
clear SIR interrupt.
read both IR gives 0 res

After that I read the rx buffer and send sock_RECV.

Is that correct sequence ? or should I first read and send RECV and then clear the interrupts ?

## Replies

### Reply 1 by dkay, 2019-10-10

Hi, gossamer.

If RX data is remained in RX memory, recv interrupt is not cleared.
So, Clear IR after sock_RECV command.

Thanks.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13513
