---
title: "Tutorial for star RS485 communication"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13512"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13512/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "MCU & Boards"
author: "marius.matei"
created: "2019-10-08T14:00:33+09:00"
last_activity: "2019-10-10T07:47:24+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 502
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Tutorial for star RS485 communication

## Question

Asked by marius.matei on 2019-10-08 in MCU & Boards.

Hello,

I saw on internet there are tutorials on how to configure the WIZ750SR-485 bord with a static IP baud speed and everything needed for it to run but I did not find a tutorial on what do you have to do for setting 5 WIZ750SR-485 boards to communicate which others. For someone new in the field…

I have 5 devices that are communicating using RS485 and I want to put on WIZ750SR-485 to convert both way the communication from RS485 to TCP and from TCP to RS485. Do I need anything else besides five WIZ750SR-485 boards?

Do the boards know to communicate to each other by default?

[![IMG_3329](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/e/ef4388d04045f16d4675809d28f65a5cd60aea52.jpeg) IMG_33293024×4032 1.45 MB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/e/ef4388d04045f16d4675809d28f65a5cd60aea52.jpeg)

## Replies

### Reply 1 by jameskim, 2019-10-10

Hello,

I answered you by email because we’ve got your question on our ticket system.
Please refer to my reply.

Thank you.
James.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13512
