---
title: "W5500 server is 255.255.255.255 error"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13477"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13477/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "Indramal"
created: "2019-09-10T06:31:04+09:00"
last_activity: "2019-09-15T23:45:17+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 1590
replies: 3
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W5500 server is 255.255.255.255 error

## Question

Asked by Indramal on 2019-09-10 in Ethernet Chips.

I am using W5500 module (not shield) with Arduino. I installed Ethernet2 library and I put example of WebServer to the Arduino.

Then serial output give “server is 255.255.255.255”

What is this problem?

## Replies

### Reply 1 by becky, 2019-09-11

I think the connection between the Arduino and the W5500 module is wrong. Check other register values using the code below.
Serial.println (Ethernet.subnetMask ());
Serial.println (Ethernet.gatewayIP ());

### Reply 2 by Indramal, 2019-09-11 (in reply to reply 1)

Now the connection is ok. But Server not showing in computer. I directly connect through Ethernet cable.

When I go to page it is show

> ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Is it a cable problem? Cross or nor?

Serial Output give

> server ip 192.168.1.177

My home network is also 192.168.1.__ range.

### Reply 3 by Indramal, 2019-09-11

Now it is connected thank you very much

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13477
