---
title: "W5500 with NodeMCU"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13441"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13441/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "mehrzad329"
created: "2019-08-17T04:05:11+09:00"
last_activity: "2019-08-19T23:26:12+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 2854
replies: 3
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W5500 with NodeMCU

## Question

Asked by mehrzad329 on 2019-08-17 in Ethernet Chips.

Hello,
Where I can find library for mini W5500 Ethernet compatible with NodeMCU+esp8266 ?

Thank you.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by lawrence, 2019-08-19

hi, mehrzad329

There are alot of w5500 clone board.
I think mini W5500 ethernet is not wiznet official product.
Cloud you share the product link?

And this is the official library for W5500. You can use this library for the product.

![](https://github.githubassets.com/favicons/favicon.svg) [GitHub](https://github.com/Wiznet/ioLibrary_Driver)

![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/1/17f66f2e9c27f9749e7af3ad7efe15d9492bea3b.png)

### [GitHub - Wiznet/ioLibrary_Driver: ioLibrary_Driver can be used for the...](https://github.com/Wiznet/ioLibrary_Driver)

ioLibrary_Driver can be used for the application design of WIZnet TCP/IP chips as W5500, W5300, W5200, W5100 W5100S. - GitHub - Wiznet/ioLibrary_Driver: ioLibrary_Driver can be used for the applica...

Thank you

### Reply 2 by mehrzad329, 2019-08-19

Hi,lawrence
Thanks for your reply

I bought this module.
If it’s not wiznet official product, what is your suggestion?
I’m looking for a mini ethernet to work with NodeMCU+ESP8266.

Thank you.

![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/9/9ad3594677417184a6019ad70795eba435cc4322.png) [aliexpress.com](https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2251832725999046.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.217c527dOU7kCP&algo_pvid=8e5f4bbd-35f9-4823-9d14-6059c23872d7&algo_expid=8e5f4bbd-35f9-4823-9d14-6059c23872d7-6&btsid=6c30bb18-ef61-4b8d-a6f6-9ab91aacb00e&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0%2Csearchweb201602_2%2Csearchweb201603_53&gatewayAdapt=4itemAdapt)

![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/e/ef2cfb9e22b895c764390893c19df80569e197c1.jpeg)

### [5.2US $ 20% OFF|Smart Electronics USR ES1 W5500 Chip New SPI to LAN/ Ethernet...](https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2251832725999046.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.217c527dOU7kCP&algo_pvid=8e5f4bbd-35f9-4823-9d14-6059c23872d7&algo_expid=8e5f4bbd-35f9-4823-9d14-6059c23872d7-6&btsid=6c30bb18-ef61-4b8d-a6f6-9ab91aacb00e&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0%2Csearchweb201602_2%2Csearchweb201603_53&gatewayAdapt=4itemAdapt)

Smarter Shopping, Better Living! Aliexpress.com

### Reply 3 by lawrence, 2019-08-19 (in reply to reply 2)

Thank you for your sharing.

This is wiznet official module and the function is all the same.

![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/0/0328e56a80776001ffc72c63df6e2dab02831a1c.png) [wiznet.io](https://www.wiznet.io/product-item/wiz850io/)

### [WIZ850io | WIZnet Co., Ltd.](https://www.wiznet.io/product-item/wiz850io/)

WIZ820io is the compact-sized network module that includes W5200 (TCP/IP & Ethernet MAC & PHY) & MAG-JACK (RJ45 with X’FMR) with other glue logics

I think you can keep using the module you bought with iolibrary I shared.

And also you can use arduino ethernet library for w5500.
If the board you want to use has SPI interface, you can use the module. no problem.

I have never used NodeMCU, but if you share any problem or issue with it, it will be so helpful.

Thank you

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13441
