---
title: "Cannot see mesages from client to server on wireshark"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13422"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13422/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "v.moroz"
created: "2019-07-31T06:27:25+09:00"
last_activity: "2019-09-02T02:22:38+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 542
replies: 3
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Cannot see mesages from client to server on wireshark

## Question

Asked by v.moroz on 2019-07-31 in Ethernet Chips.

Guys,

I am new in TCP and in W5100S. Just started to use this chip on W5100S EVB V1.0 board. I initialized all ports, ip etc. And now when I start communications, I can see only ACKs from server. First ACK to my connection request with Syn set. Then I try to send message from client to server and I have ACK from server, but I do not see messages from client at all on wireshark.

Anyone had similar issues ?

Thanks,
Val

## Replies

### Reply 1 by lawrence, 2019-08-28

could you share the tcp handshake packets from wireshark?
W5100S is server or client? And did you check socket status is SOCK_ESTABLISHED ?

### Reply 2 by v.moroz, 2019-08-28

Thank you for your replay. All sorted now and everything is running well.

### Reply 3 by lawrence, 2019-09-02 (in reply to reply 2)

That is so great!!
Any time, if you have issues or problems, please share it ![:slight_smile:](https://emoji.discourse-cdn.com/twitter/slight_smile.png?v=12)

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13422
