---
title: "Cisco Wireless switch not working"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13372"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13372/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "Century"
created: "2019-06-29T05:44:26+09:00"
last_activity: "2019-07-02T01:16:05+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 1004
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Cisco Wireless switch not working

## Question

Asked by Century on 2019-06-29 in Ethernet Chips.

Hi all,

The W5500 chip is connected to the Cisco wireless switch (Slave) and another Cisco wireless
switch (Master) is connected by server which will transmit the data to W5500 through TCP.

The problem is when I tried to ping and connect to the W5500 chip through wireless switch, it is not able to get ping response. Where as if I ping the W5500 chip in Slave network it is able to ping and connect through TCP.

And there are other company makes devices are working.

Please suggest what might be the issue.

Regards,
Chinmay

![Site%20Setup](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/5/550414b520112189f2d9051c932326d154db8656.jpeg)

## Replies

### Reply 1 by irina, 2019-07-02

Hi ~ Century

W5500 not support the AUTO MDIX.

I think I wish you can see as below link.
FAQ : [W5500 doesn’t support Auto MDIX](https://forum.wiznet.io/t/topic/6045)

If you send [@Scott](https://maker.wiznet.io/u/scott) the schematic information, he will think about it.
thanks.
BR
irina

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13372
