---
title: "W5500 - many attempts cant even have the led flash."
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13327"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13327/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "Piotr Jankowski"
created: "2019-05-17T21:31:37+09:00"
last_activity: "2019-05-20T07:09:25+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 1012
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W5500 - many attempts cant even have the led flash.

## Question

Asked by Piotr Jankowski on 2019-05-17 in Ethernet Chips.

I am trying to make a simple board with W5500 chip. This is 4th design and 4th set of PCB-s and I cant even get them to flash the connection and activity leds.

[![board-1](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/3/3299a6412278f079001bb6652a9eb8a2d6ea50c5.png) board-11838×913 87.4 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/3/3299a6412278f079001bb6652a9eb8a2d6ea50c5.png)

[![board2](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/e/ecfef9b29b9588fb54244fd94d76998ff3172521.png) board21838×913 68.4 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/e/ecfef9b29b9588fb54244fd94d76998ff3172521.png)

[![w5500-schem](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/0/08e8234b3da33bc507db59f8364dae15f3f77fdb.png) w5500-schem2589×1330 52.1 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/0/08e8234b3da33bc507db59f8364dae15f3f77fdb.png)

The transformer: **HR911105A**

Any help appreciated as I did not have such a problems with anything in the past. What I am doing wrong?

## Replies

### Reply 1 by Eugeny, 2019-05-20

TOCAP is 10uF?
Can you access registers reading data other than 0 or FF (for example, reading RTR which is 07D0 on power on)?
How do you perform hardware reset of the chip?
Are RSVD pull-down resistors installed or not?

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13327
