---
title: "Cant make my w5500 board working."
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13306"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13306/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "Piotr Jankowski"
created: "2019-05-05T21:58:56+09:00"
last_activity: "2019-05-08T18:17:52+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 1242
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Cant make my w5500 board working.

## Question

Asked by Piotr Jankowski on 2019-05-05 in Ethernet Chips.

I was trying almost everything. I do not have link or activity LEDs active (the connection is OK when I use my oher modules)

Here is the schematics. Maybe I am missing something obvious ![:slight_smile:](https://emoji.discourse-cdn.com/twitter/slight_smile.png?v=12)

[![w5500](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/0/01b638e6f28e3047f177a45a952e47edfcc09096.png) w55002158×1109 49.3 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/0/01b638e6f28e3047f177a45a952e47edfcc09096.png)

The communication with the chip is OK , I detect and receive the correct answers.

I appreciate any help.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by scott, 2019-05-08

Hi.

Did you use RB1-125BAG1A?

Please check the data sheet of RB1-125BAG1A again.

[RD1-125BAG1A(XA).pdf](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/legacyFile.asp?path=7H1IBFX26X4hj6jux52grhoIcJB.pdf) (185.3 KB)

There seems to be no other circuit problems.

Did you design the PCB with the PCB Design Guide?

<http://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=design_guide:hardware:start>

Thank you

Soctt

### Reply 2 by Piotr Jankowski, 2019-05-08

Scott:

> Did you use RB1-125BAG1A?

Thank you very much for your answer.

Yes i did. I did design another version as well using the HR911105

[![w5500](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/7/730da85e6f4ed359079639890c341951d8d751e3.png) w55002155×1070 47.6 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/7/730da85e6f4ed359079639890c341951d8d751e3.png)

A bit more simple. And I think this time I did not make any mistakes.

Peter

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13306
