---
title: "W5500 Configuration Tool"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13246"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13246/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "Century"
created: "2019-03-21T11:37:38+09:00"
last_activity: "2019-03-22T17:45:59+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 2253
replies: 4
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W5500 Configuration Tool

## Question

Asked by Century on 2019-03-21 in Ethernet Chips.

Hi all,
I want to set the IP address and Gateway of w5500 via LAN.

Can I get configuration tool from wiznet or we have to develop our own?

If we have to develop our own configuration tool, please provide necessary information to develop at our end.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by Eugeny, 2019-03-21

Configuration tool is called DHCP. The respective application note and maybe even code available on the WIZnet website.

### Reply 2 by irina, 2019-03-22

Hi~ Century
We supports the configuration tool for W5500S2E-S1(Serial to Ethernet module).
Link : [W5500S2E in wikipage](https://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=products:w5500s2e-s1:start)
This site included User manual document and Configuration Tool.
I think you refer the above link.

thanks,
BR
irina

### Reply 3 by Century, 2019-03-22 (in reply to reply 2)

Hi, irina

We are using only W5500 chip and communicating by SPI protocol through our texas chip.
I downloaded the .exe file and using, the W5500 chip is not identified by the config tool.

### Reply 4 by Philipp K, 2019-03-22

I’d say that that’s because if you only use the chip directly connected to your MCU, either your application has to configure the W5500 via SPI (e. g. using the C driver) or you need to use DHCP as Eugeny suggested, then it will receive its IP settings from a DHCP server (e. g. your router) like any other LAN device

EDIT: Spelling

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13246
