---
title: "Phycfgr register read"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13196"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13196/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "Infoetak"
created: "2019-02-02T07:46:06+09:00"
last_activity: "2019-05-16T07:00:02+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 814
replies: 3
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Phycfgr register read

## Question

Asked by Infoetak on 2019-02-02 in Ethernet Chips.

Hello to all!

Recently I started to implement IP conectivity to my Atmel’s Xmega based project. Wiznet is my favorit IOP for many years and I have choosen W5500 chip.
Now i got to a problem reading the phycfgr reg.
Right after init and if no further action, I can succesfully fead phycfgr and can correctly detect speed, duplex, link state.
But just after i open a tcp socket, reading phycfgr always return all zero.
It is the same even if I just check for a socket status.
However my (Bascom) code does ok - I’m able to do tcp/ip communication well.

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions!
BR
Andrej

## Replies

### Reply 1 by oliver28, 2019-02-03

Seems that your program reads Reg 0x2E from the socket base instead of the commnon registers (this will return 0x00 Fragment Offset IP Header 1 default). Check the BSB that is sent to the SPI when accessing the REG 0x2E from the socketregister (0x00 @ read or 0x04 @ write to the common registers)

### Reply 2 by Infoetak, 2019-02-03

Hi!

Thanks to oliver28.
I’ll check, if this could be a reason for a wrong read.
Best regards
Andrej

### Reply 3 by Infoetak, 2019-05-16

Hello to all!

I posted this issue to Bascom author, and he found and solved this problem. He sent me a new w5500 lib.
Thanks for help.
BR
Andrej

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13196
