---
title: "[From QnA] WIZ140SR remote reset"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13171"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13171/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool"
author: "d.zawada"
created: "2019-01-15T21:50:39+09:00"
last_activity: "2019-01-15T21:50:39+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 569
replies: 0
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# [From QnA] WIZ140SR remote reset

## Question

Asked by d.zawada on 2019-01-15 in Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool.

I found document “WIZ14xSR Configuration Message Structure and Message Flow” which describe communication beetwen host and end device. In this document, i can’t find any information about remote reset of device. Is possible reset device from eth port? For example WIZ107SR has implemented RESET command throu network port. I need it because in error situation when connection between host and converter is broken (ex. broken cable), port in device is still opened and i can’t reconnect till reset isn’t trigered (now I turn off power from device). Do you have any method/idea to close all ports when device is pingable again after error?

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13171
