---
title: "Search and settings"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13145"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13145/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "MCU & Boards"
author: "TizioM"
created: "2018-12-11T12:14:22+09:00"
last_activity: "2019-03-14T09:48:53+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 808
replies: 3
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Search and settings

## Question

Asked by TizioM on 2018-12-11 in MCU & Boards.

Hi to all.
I need to connect to a W7500P-S2E (default settings) from a PC running our software, and to use it to communicate to a microcontroller connected to W7500 UART.
If I configure with Wiznet S2E configuration tool the Network parameters, Remote IP and Port correctly (and of course UART parameters) everything is working ok.
But the normal case is when either I have a brand new W7500-S2E or network is misconfigured.
I cannot change the IP address of the PC since our software is running on customer’s PC.

If I use the “UDP broadcast” search method I can find the connected device. How can I then change its settings? Is the protocol working even if W7500 and host PC are not in the same subnet?

Thanks

## Replies

### Reply 1 by irina, 2018-12-12

Hi TizioM,

The configuration setting function of W7500P-S2E (WIZ750SR) also operates based on UDP broadcast like search function. Therefore, if the PC and W7500P-S2E devices are physically connected, the setting function will work even if they are configured with different subnets.

Regards,
Eric

### Reply 2 by TizioM, 2019-03-14 (in reply to reply 1)

Thank you Eric,
is there a document describing the discovery and parameter setting protocol of the W7500P-S2E?
I guess it is equivament to WIZ107SR/WIZ108SR…

I found a guide that applies to a different kind of wiznet S2E devices, I need something similar for the W7500P-S2E.

[wiznet.io](https://www.wiznet.io/wp-content/uploads/wiznethome/S2E%20Module/WIZ100-105-110SR/Document/WIZ1x0SR_AN_S2E-Programming-Guide_V030E.pdf)

<https://www.wiznet.io/wp-content/uploads/wiznethome/S2E%20Module/WIZ100-105-110SR/Document/WIZ1x0SR_AN_S2E-Programming-Guide_V030E.pdf>

### [WIZ1x0SR_AN_S2E-Programming-Guide_V030E.pdf](https://www.wiznet.io/wp-content/uploads/wiznethome/S2E%20Module/WIZ100-105-110SR/Document/WIZ1x0SR_AN_S2E-Programming-Guide_V030E.pdf)

74.08 KB

Thanks!

### Reply 3 by TizioM, 2019-03-14

I just found the WIZ750SR Command manual (link below). I think it can be usefule, but I see the firmware update commands are not described. Since we have to load a custom firmware automatically, I need to be able to update firmware from my software. Is there any documentation of the ethernet protocol to update the firmware? Thanks!

<http://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=products:wiz750sr:commandmanual:start>

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13145
